Monday, August 22, 2016

Secret Key Black Out Pore Clean Toner Review

I just now realised that I haven´t wrote a review about this product, but already compared it to the Mizon Witch Hazel toner and mentioned that I like this better. *facepalm*
Don´t know why I didn´t post about this sooner when I loved it...

I´ve only this picture that I took in December when I received it, because right now I can´t find the bottle... (You can see the Christmas decorations in the background.)


Claims:   Controls dead skin cells and tightens pores. Also, claims to be soothing.

Packaging: It comes in a 250 ml plastic bottle with a flip top plastic cap. Sadly when I got close to the bottom of this toner, half of the cap´s hinge broke and I had to be careful when closing so it lined up perfectly.

Smell: Smelled clean, not too medicated. Hard to describe.

Consistency: It´s a watery toner.

Usage time: This jar lasted me 4 months.

Application: At the beginning of you routine, right after cleansing or after any pH dependant actives.

Ingredients: Contains alcohol. For a closer look: Cosdna.

Performance: I have finished this toner relatively long time ago (in the spring) but I clearly remember how I was impressed with it´s pore cleaning ability. I wasn´t using Vitamin C anymore at that time, only BHA occasionally and still this kept those pesky sebaceous filaments and blackheads at bay on my forehead and nose. The Mizon Witch Hazel Toner that I started using right after this, couldn´t even compare in that regard.
And even though it contains alcohol I never had issues with it drying my skin out. I don´t know about the soothing claims, because at that time I´ve used other essences/serums only for their soothing properties.

Would I recommend? Definitely! If I didn´t have two other toners just from Secret Key lined up to use, not to say from other brands, I would commit to this toner for sure. IT´s on my rebuy list if I ever go  through my stash of toners.
Bought mine from the Secret Key official site, but you can find them on Ebay and at most online stores.




No comments:

Post a Comment