Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Secret Key Honey Bee´s AC Control Mist Review

Secret Key is an excellent and inexpensive brand and every skincare item I have tried from them ( their Chubby Jelly Tin Pack I´ve got as a freebie with my haul from their official site just isn´t working... but that´s cosmetics) has been really great.
While I haven´t yet wrote reviews about them, but I´m using 5 products right now from this brand and at least as much is still waiting in my untried box. I love it that much! :)

Let´s go onto my new love, Secret Key Honey Bee´s AC Control Mist:
I´m fairly new to mists, for a long time I couldn´t fathom why would they be necessary. And while I´ve been using this in winter, so I didn´t use it to refresh during the daytime as most mists are intended to be used but the application quickly grew on me. No more patting, when I was in a hurry I just used a few spritzes, put on some moisturiser, sun cream and I was ready to go.

This is an almost empty bottle, the second is already in the mail!

Claims: Soothing, sebum controlling and moisturising mist.

Packaging: It comes in a trasparent,orange 100 ml spray bottle with a plastic cap. You can creat a nice even coverage, nothing like too big drops of liquid on your face.

Smell: It smells a bit anti-septic, but that quickly dissipates. It´s even refreshing for me.

Usage time: This bottle last me 2 month with liberal use (2-3 times a day) and sometimes sharing it with my sister.

Application: Use 2-3 pumps to cover your whole face after your toner or essence but before any creams. It quickly absorbs into your skin.

Pro tip: I used it right before putting on a face mask, and again before using my sleeping mask (if you put heavier creams onto wet skin it sinks in quicker, and is less sticky).

Effectiveness: I used it to help me with my acne, and it really delivered. It would quickly calm any redness and even help a bit with clearing up acne. Even my sister used it, she has sensitive skin and can´t refrain from picking on her acne, that was the first time I told her to try this and the redness and swelling has disappeared and her skin didn´t become inflamed.
It´s also a bit moisturising, not drying at all. One thing this didn´t really help is sebum control, but everything else was spot on.

I´ve bought mine from Rose Rose Shop for 4,14USD (with a lot of other Secret Key products), but the shipping while exellent (took only a week to get here and the post office sent it with a courier after contacting me by phone if I will be at home) was really pricey, so my next bottle I´ve bought from Ebay for 7,47USD.
I can´t see myself being without this mist, it performed almost as well as my Lee Ji Ham Tea Tree 90 Essence, to which I will now go back to while my second bottle of this arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment