Saturday, April 30, 2016

Vuty Design shopping experience and haul post

I´ve read about this online shop at another blog and decided to check them out. They have a 5USD shipping rate or they offer free shipping with tracking for orders over 20 USD.
After some comparing with other sites, I´ve found quite a few items that I was intrigued by and here was the cheapest to buy. So I quickly reached the 20USD mark, but I kept adding more things into my basket.
My order came out to be 37USD, and right before I placed my order just for a second I thought about adding something to reach 40USD and splitting it in two, but then I dismissed it as unnecessary precaution.
Turns out, it wouldn´t have been...
Unless many online shops, who mostly don´t state the actual value of the package and save us custom fees, Vuty Design truthfully printed it on. (This will show me to order only around 20USD when trying out new shops.)



I placed my order on the 8th of April (Friday) and they dispatched it on the 12th (Tuesday). Which, considering that there was a weekend too, is really great. It took less than 2 weeks for it to arrive to my country on the 22nd, but unfortunately it was a Friday and customs detained it. (Usually they send you a notice via post that they have it and you can choose to go in person to the capital city with a list of items in it or send it through email and they forward it to you. I always go in person, because I study there so it´s easier and at least I don´t have to pay for the additional shipping too, but this time they just forwarded it without my knowledge.) All in all I had to pay around 10USD fine. But at least I got it sooon, on the 26th of April.

My order was nicely packaged, everything bar one producted in bubble wrap. Unfortunately in transit the package has dented and one of the items has become dented too (At least it was a pack of cotton puffs, so no harm done.), but nothing has spilled.

Here are the actual things I´ve bought:


A´pieu Rub in Gelato Mask (Pistachio) for 9,49 USD - I´ve read good things about this clay mask and my current one is starting to run out.
A´pieu Fresh Mate Sleeping Mask (Tea Tree) for 4,99 USD - I wanted a light sleeping mask for the summer month, the package is a bonus for easy travel (Holika Holika´s Blueberry Honey Sleeping Pack is really not travel friendly with it´s heavy glass jar, also it´s not really for summer but soon I will finish it).

Missha Cotton Puff 100 for 0,96 USD - Wanted to compare Asian cotton puffs to European ones (if they soak up less product) and this one´s price was really great.
The Face Shop Clean Face Oil Control Sun Cream for 3,75 USD - Again, I shopped for the coming summer months and at that price I just couldn´t leave it.

Here is the unfortunate box of the cotton puffs, but at least there is nothing wrong with the actual puffs.

The Saem Puct Puff Mini for 1,08 USD - I´ve wanted this as a replacement for my Innisfree No Sebum Mineral Powder puff, but sadly they are a bit bigger. Nevertheless I´m sure I will find some use for them.
The Saem Mojito Water Mist for 8,40 USD - I´ve become converted to mists, this will be handy in the summer.
The Saem Mojito Powdery Mist for 8,40 USD - The powder in this should have an oil controlling effect, I will see how good it is.

Here are all the samples and gifts I´ve received. 3 out of 5 are from A´pieu. :) The additional cotton puffs are a nice touch.



This is all of it in one picture. Most of these products are really in preparation for summer, to combat heat and my overactive sebum production.

All in all I was satisfied with this online shop, it was really only my fault that I wasn´t more cautious.
I will definitely put it on the list of shops I will check out when comparison shopping to find a good deal.

I´ll write here all the shops that wrote out the actual value of my orders on the package, so other people may know about it when placing an order:
Sasa.com, Secret Key´s official English website and now Vuty Design. (Will update this list when I come across another one.)

Correction 22/05/2016: Last Sunday I wanted to place my second order (lot of The Saem products - I've really come to like this brand) but on Monday I've received an email that they had to cancel my order, since they are in the process of updating their site and the prices are different plus few of the products no longer available.
When I went back after a few days most of their sales have disappeared (all The Saem products I've wanted!).
So I might check them out sometimes but with this they went to the bottom of my list of shopping places as I can find most things elsewhere for cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment