Wednesday, December 2, 2015

My morning skincare routine in winter

Here is a quick overview of my morning skincare routine. I work at a Christmas market at least 4 days a week so I´m frequently in cold and windy weather while also in a heated space. (As much as a gas heater can heat a semi open stall...) So even if I have oily skin I need all the moisture I can get, otherwise my skin will feel tight and uncomfortable.
So here is how I combat needing a lot of mositure while having oily skin. 


Actually forgot to include another really important product: Innisfree´s No-Sebum Mineral Powder.
Also the 3rd bottle from the left is a decanted Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence.


Balea Erfrischendes Waschgel
 This is a European drugstore brand. You can find it in dm stores. 
I use it first thing in the morning to wash off the sleeping pack I´ve used and anything that got stuck on my face while sleeping. 
It´s good, scentless, low PH and dirty cheap. 150ml

Cosrx Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol
 I use 2-3 pumps for my whole face. Nice for preventing acne and to reduce inflammation.

Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
 Weird name aside this is a great moisturiser. Chok full of snail essence this slightly sticky, lightweight gel is quickly absorbsed by my skin leaving it feeling plump and moisturised.

Hada Labo Gokujyun Super Hyaluronic Acid Milky Lotion (Another handful of a name...)
This is a recent addition to my routine but already I live it. Absorbs quickly, doesn´t feel sticky despite a few reports I´ve read and deeply hydrates. 

Etude House Vanilla Moist Eye´s Cream
Truthfully sometimes I even forget to apply this... It´s not a very impressive eye cream, so I´m only waiting to use it up. Plus I always include my eye area when I spread the Cosrx Snail Essence and the Hada Labo Milky Lotion, so that should take care of hydration there.
.
Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream
I only use this cream when I know it´s going to be horrendously cold and windy out there to add an extra layer of protection. But any other time the others are more than enough for milder weather.

Luna Ultra Moisture Sunblock SPF 50+ PA+++
My current sunscreen, although I still use the Biore this one also adds moisture to my skin. It´s nice, doesn´t leave a white cast after applying and my skin absorbs it quickly.

Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder
After all these hydration my forehead can get really shiny, that´s where this compact white powder comes in. I dab a few times on the shinier areas and they instantly become nice matte. Sometimes I have to touch it up during the day but usually it´s not even necessary. Truly a life saver.

A few times I´ve tried if leaving out my forehead from all these moisturisers would help me with the shine/oil production, but all I´ve achieved was the aforementioned tight feeling, so now I would rather slather it with these products and use the powder to control any shine.

I also intend to make a more detailed review of all these products in the future. 
Do you have a morning routine? Does it differ from the one you had in the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment