Friday, July 1, 2016

Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence Review

Cosrx brand is a big favourite for a lot of people. They have minimal ingredients in their products (thus lessening the chance of a bad reaction) and usually work great. As a brand they are approachable and cater to the international community too.
I own at least 4-5 things from them, which mostly worked like a charm. Now I will write a review of such a product, the Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence:


Claims: Helps improve damaged skin, protects from moisture loss and keeps skin smooth.

Packaging: It comes in a trasparent 100 ml pump bottle with a plastic cap.

Smell: Nothing to report. It didn´t smell like anything to me.

Consistency: It´s really stringy and gooey. Took some time to get used to it. Not the usual runny essence for sure.

Usage time: This bottle lasted me 4 month.

Application: Use 2-3 pumps to cover your whole face after your toner or other essences but before any creams.

Effectiveness: I love snail products and this one is almost pure snail slime. It delivered on everything they claimed. Especially the improving damaged skin bits.

Story time: Everyone warns you to be careful when using Vitamin C and niacinamide. Only once I was careless. I put on a niacinamide containing ampoule right after Vitamin C, without even wiping it off and to make it worse I capped it with a sheet mask. My face quickly became inflamed and small whiteheads appeared on my chin, jawline and cheeks. They were numerous! I tried popping the ones on my chin but that just made them reappear and my skin even more sensitive. (Also when they finally cleared out there were severe PIH scars after the ones I´ve popped, the others were less visible...) This essence was the only thing my skin was able to bear without too much irritation and pain. It drank it in like nothing. I slathered it on every hour.  After a week or so the worst of it was over, but it took a month to repair the damage. ( And when it´s really cold or my face is flushed I can still see the shadows of the discoloration, but normally they are really faint.)

So this was a really big help for me! Only thing I don´t like, is that the oily parts of my face can´t absorb it completely. I would feel a sticky film mainly on my forehead that´s also shiny. I originally wanted to use it as my only moisturiser but I had to top it off with a mattifying cream so the shine won´t be noticable.
But aside that one point it´s an excellent snail essence.

I´ve bought mine from Jolse, where it´s price is always changing (they have frequent sales). But you can find it on Ebay and at many other online stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment