Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner Review

Sadly this was my first "bad" product I´ve bought that really didn´t work for my skin. More about it under the cut.


I´ve got this toner after reading all the rave reviews online. Although I was looking for a Ph lowering toner, later I´ve learned this is not appropriate because it has slightly higher Ph than the ideal at which acids (like BHA or C-vitamin) can work.
I have to report after a month of use, that I started to develop painful closed comedones on my forehead and temples while using this toner. They would clear up without coming to head, but as soon as they vanished newer ones came in their place. Not many, 1-2 at a time, but they were visible, often angry red.
After I stopped using this toner they cleared up nicely. Should have stopped sooner, but wasn´t sure if it was this one or any of the other new ones I´ve begun to try. ( You know, here comes the good advice of only introducing one new product at a time, but what should one do if they are only starting out with Asian skincare routine? I wanted all the benefits they could provide....)
Also this shows that not everyone can benefit from the same products and patch testing is really important.
On a side note, later I´ve also read about the Benton´s scandal (last year was it?). Where people recieved contaminated products, due to the inadequate preservatives the company uses. It might have only been one batch, but the company´s reaction wasn´t really appropriate and I don´t feel like I want to fear a nasty case of infection if the toner by chance would become unstable for whatever reason. Add to it my skin´s averse reaction and I´m not sad to say goodbye to this toner.

No comments:

Post a Comment